Update: Final grade for classes is derived from following formula: "Ex * 0.6 + PA * 0.3 + W * 0.1", where Ex, PA and W are percentage of points obtained from exercises, programming assignments and workshops.
Update: Resit exam will be held either on 25th or 26th of February 2013. General rules
The number of all points will not be given upfront. The grade will be based on ratio of obtained points to the sum of all points possible to acquire.
|100% - 88%||5.0|
|87% - 76%||4.5|
|75% - 64%||4.0|
|63% - 52%||3.5|
| 51% - 40%||3.0|
| 39% - 0%||2.0 |
Rules regarding exercises
- We're going to use the declaration system (you're probably familiar with it).
- Before classes begin, each student shall declare a list of exercises (on paper / special form), she's ready to present solution for.
- If not specified otherwise, each exercise is worth one point.
- In case of student's inability to give a correct answer, a declaration of the exercise is annulled.
- If a student declared an exercise, which she's clearly unable to solve (i.e. gave a false declaration), she'll be not given any points for the declaration.
- Moreover, if a student lacks knowledge of terms that are necessary to give an answer, she'll be given penalty points (up to the number of points that a list is worth).
- A student will not be given points for declared exercise, if she's not present at the time of drawing a person, which is going to present the solution.
Rules regarding programming assignments
- Each program must be written in C language.
- A program must compile on computers in lab room 137.
- For each program Makefile file must be delivered. It's going to be used to build executable binaries.
- A student can only claim points, if she delivered complete source code by e-mail.
- For each assignment a deadline will be announced
- A student can postpone a deadline by means of using one credit point. A student is given 3 credit points for whole semester.
Rules regarding e-mail messages
- Please prepend "[OS12]" to the subject of an e-mail.
- Please give your first name and last name (eg. make sure your e-mail client is configured properly).
- If files are to be attached to the message, please bundle them as tar.gz or zip archive.
- [02.10.2012] Introductory meeting.
- [09.10.2012] Exercises (list 1 - ex. 1 - 6)
- [16.10.2012] Exercises (list 1 - ex. 7-10, list 2 - ex. 1-4)
- [23.10.2012] Exercises (list 2 - ex. 5-10)
- [06.11.2012] Exercises (list 3 - ex. 1-4, 6)
- [13.11.2012] Exercises (list 3 - ex. 5, 7-10), PA list 1 published
- [20.11.2012] Workshops (list 1 - ex. 1-5)
- [27.11.2012] Workshops (list 1 - ex. 6-8)
- [04.12.2012] Exercises (list 4, ex. 2, 4, 5)
- [11.12.2012] Exercises (list 4, ex. 1, 3, 6 - 10)
- [18.12.2012] Exercises (list 5, ex. 1-3)
- [08.01.2013] Workshops (list 2), PA list 2 published
- [15.01.2013] Exercises (list 5)
- [22.01.2013] Exercises (list 6)
- [29.01.2013] ?